Thursday, July 14, 2016

Google Likes Breakfast!



When teaching students how to use Google products, we find ourselves needing to refer to these images:


 (This one's in the top-right of most Google products.)



(This one's on the Chrome browser's Bookmarks Bar.)



So what should we call them?
  • App Launcher? (the official name)
  • 3x3 grid? (what I've been calling them)
  • 9 squares? (fairly straightforward)
  • Rubik's cube? (pretty cute, I must say...)
Or, the emerging favorite...
  • Waffle!

The same situation exists with the 3 horizontal lines that are at the top-left of many Google products.
Going with the breakfast theme, it seems logical to call them...

  • Pancakes!


Therefore, I hereby declare that when I teach about, or talk about, these images, I will refer to them as "waffle", "colored waffle", and "pancakes".

1 comment: